cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Release Page Updated
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:01:16 GMT
I pretty much re-wrote the page:

http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CuttingReleases

My goal was to capture every step that's involved, and also document the
order.

One intentional tweak I made to the process is to have tagging come after
branching & testing. Since we now have per-release branches, I think it's
just busy-work to have to tag & re-tag while we're in the initial testing
phase.

One thing that's missing is running that tool that checks for missing
copyright headers. It's missing because I can't recall what it's called.
Anyone remember? :P

Another thing that's missing is any platform-specific steps for platforms
other than Android / iOS.

Going forward, I'd like to have a lot of the code snippets that are in the
page as scripts. E.g. have a tool alongside coho for doing branching,
VERSION and cordova.js snapshot updating.

Also - does it make sense to move the script that creates JIRA issues to
cordova-coho (instead of it being in labs)? What does coho stand for
anyways?

Finally - I'd like to get rid of separate sub-tasks for updating the sample
app and updating the JS snapshot. There are more custom steps than this
when creating a release, and it would be a tonne of busy-work to create an
issue for each an every one. Instead, I'd like to just have a "tag FOO"
issue where we update the progress of the repo's taggin via comments.

Andrew