cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Unifying the config.xml
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 18:17:38 GMT
Some feedback:

+    <access origin=".*"/>
+    <access origin="http://127.0.0.1*"/> <!-- allow local pages -->`

Why have the second line? it's made redundant by the first, and when we do
serve files locally, we do so via file: URLs.

+    <log level="DEBUG"/>

I don't see <log> in the widget spec. Seems like a good idea to be able to
se a log level, but probably would be more appropriate as a <preference>,
and out of the scope of this change.

Using <param> for the class name does more align with the spec, but using
$platform-package to address platform differences seems out of place
compared with how these are addressed by CLI's config.xml (using
gap:platform attributes or <platform> tags). What would be better (I think)
would be to have <param name="package" value="foo"/>, and use CLI/plugman
to deal with putting in the correct versions per platform.

E.g., if iOS adds something to its template config.xml file, I don't want
to have to add this value to each platform's config.xml file.