cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Use git sub-modules for the copies of cordova-* within CLI?
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 02:28:12 GMT
Right now we have a copy / paste of the entire cordova-ios,
cordova-android, cordova-blackberry directories within cordova-cli/lib. I'm
wondering if we should change these to be submodules.

Git submodules often don't work well because they don't automatically track
branches. In this case though, I think they do exactly what we'd want them
to - to point to a specific commit hash.

Advantages:
1. cordova-cli currently takes a while to clone since its index is so big.
Using submodules would mean the index would stop growing so much (not sure
if we can purge the currently copies from index).
2. It would be clear that the copies within CLI do not have any
modifications
3. Would be easier to update them for each release