cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: New directory structure in cordova-cli's future branch
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:46:41 GMT
Just catching up on the past week of emails and it's not clear that there
was a consensus here. By the sounds of it though:

1. Lots of users are using Cordova-CLI (master branch)
2. Cordova-CLI's "future" branch has non-backwards-compatible changes.
3. One of these changes is the directory structure.

The main debate is on how to message these changes to users. What we should
do is:

1. Have an upgrade guide. (e.g. paths are now relative to plugin.xml)
2. Ensure that our error handling shows useful messages when they result
from an old-way-of-doing-things (e.g. your app's structure doesn't match.)

Rather than printing out the commands to run to convert their project,
maybe we could have them in the upgrade guide and have the error messages
point to the guide?