cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camera saveToPhotoAlbum intent
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:18:37 GMT
My 2 cents is that defaulting to two file writes for a single image is not
desirable behaviour, a big reason why the Exif Writer exists is that it
avoids multiple file writes, which the iOS native libraries would otherwise
require.

Behaviour should be: write to a single specified location.

To clarify what is occuring:
Here is where the image is written to camera roll:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/CordovaLib/Classes/CDVCamera.m#L275

Here is where Exif data is spliced in, while the image is still in memory:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/CordovaLib/Classes/CDVCamera.m#L301

Here is where the image with the exif splice is written to a custom file
URI:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/CordovaLib/Classes/CDVCamera.m#L321

All three of these occur with a single image taken through the image picker
controller.

Thanks for your work on this James!

- Lorin