cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject iOS camera has two file writes
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:00:20 GMT
Images taken by the UIImagePickerController seem to be written twice. James
Jong and I found some strange behaviour, and James tracked it down to here:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/CordovaLib/Classes/CDVCamera.m#L275

An image is written to both the Cordova app's temp directory, as well as to
the Camera roll.
Currently, the exif writer does not touch the Camera Roll version of the
pic.

My thinking is that the default options to getPicture seem to cause two
file writes of the same image data to different locations, and that's
should not be the default behavior. Avoiding multiple file writes for a
single image was the primary reason why we decided to create our own Exif
Header writer in the first place.

- Lorin