cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Plugins] Changes to plugman
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:33:44 GMT
Plugman operates on its own. The CLI consumes it as the tool to handle
plugins.

Plugman has a full, detailed API of its own. Check out the read me. It
handles install and uninstall of plugins based on the plugins.xml spec
(which is also in the plugman read me).

Cordova-cli offers a basic abstraction above plugman. Since the CLI helps
you manage cross-platform apps, it is more aware of which platforms it
should attempt to install a plugin into. As for specific usage,
cordova-cli would "shell out" to plugman after you would call:

    $ cordova plugin add <url or path-to-plugin>

Assuming your cordova-cli-generated project had Android and iOS as its
added platforms, the above call would translate into:

    $ plugman install --project platforms/android --platform android <url
or path>
    $ plugman install --project platforms/ios --platform ios <url or path>

Hope that makes sense.