cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject [Plugins] Changes to plugman
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:02:50 GMT
For those unaware, cordova-plugman [1] is a tool under active development
that will be responsible for all the plugin things.

Braden, Anis and I are actively working on getting this tool to a working
state, after which we will more completely integrate with cordova-cli.

Braden is currently tackling JavaScript "installation" into a platform's
www folder. This uses cordova.js' baked-in clobbers/merges functionality
to attach JS modules to specific global namespaces.

Some of the bigger changes include:

- splitting out plugman install functionality into two separate steps, one
for handling JS and the other for handling native installs.
- plugins (at the minimum, the plugin manifest) will be stored in a
project (currently aiming for under cordova/plugins) for ease of looking
up which plugins are installed and how they are composed

Braden has put up a future branch on cordova-plugman [2] where we can all
track this work. Additionally he has a FUTURE.md [3] file that lays out
specific changes necessary.

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugman.git
[2]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugman.git;a=shortlog;h=
refs/heads/future
[3]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugman.git;a=blob;f=FUTU
RE.md;h=6ff68846fd115059afde3abf000690a566d61ff0;hb=refs/heads/future