cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: A word about plugins
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:15:02 GMT
I'm wary of creating an additional manifest..

What if we came up with a convention for storing each plugin's plugin.xml
within the native project structure that the plugin got installed into? It
IS extra space needed, but a few kb per plugin doesn't seem so bad (this
is just my naïve first-pass type of brainstorming for this stuff)

I see a few benefits:

- Can then use <plugin> or <feature> tags inside the config.xml to
determine which plugins are installed
- Can trace back to the plugin's plugin.xml file based on the name and/or
value in these tags (based on whatever convention we come up with storing
the .xml file, as I suggested above). This way on each plugin install or
removal, we can detect collisions.
- can use plugman on its own on a per-project basis
- since we can go from config.xml -> all the plugin.xmls, this gives us a
start at dependency management

Let's keep this train going! I feel we're getting somewhere here