cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: archiving older platforms
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 18:44:55 GMT

> As far as bb 6 and 7, I am sure the majority of devices out there are BB 6
> and 7. BB10 just came out so there can't be that many yet. Developers don't
> seem to be interested in those platform though and I think the focus should
> be on BB10.

It would probably be more accurate to say "BlackBerry Java" which includes
BB 4.6/5/6/7 - yep, we "support" all the way back 4.6 although no one tests
that far back anymore.

I've heard BlackBerry voice the opinion that they would like to see Apache
Cordova focus solely on BlackBerry 10. However, PhoneGap/Build has seen a
large demand for BlackBerry 5 and 6.

+1 Bada

+1 webOS - we may want to bring this out of the Attic in the future

+1 QR - we may want to bring it this out of the Attic when gearing up for
Ubuntu Phone

+0 BB - I want to talk with the our PhoneGap/Build team to better
understand their stance. I'd also like Ken or Jeff from BlackBerry to chime
in with their opinion.