cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: App-Harness Description
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:40:37 GMT
Alright, I want to get this project started and we need to settle on a name.

No one has made a compelling argument against calling the app "Cordova."

Proposed name:

- App Store name: "Cordova"
- Repository name: "cordova-app"

Here are my reasons:

1. We naturally refer to it as "The Cordova App" in casual discussion
2. There are no plans for any other app, making this "The Cordova App."
3. Most OS's limit the name length, so "Cordova XXX" will likely be too
long.
4. All Cordova app examples (e.g. Hello World) are prefixed as
"cordova-app-xxx"

Michael