cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggest: Add "Cordova Selenium Web Driver Sub-Project"
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 18:44:02 GMT
I personally dislike Selenium because it's next to impossible to set
up and write tests for, and it's extremely large and full of cruft.
After many months trying to get Selenium working on Cordova-Android, I
gave up on it and wrote the Purity Class, which basically just
simulates touch events on Android using the Android SDK.

Here's a blog post which talks about the development of this tool:
http://www.infil00p.org/functional-testing-of-the-android-webview-using-java-how-purity-was-invented/

I know someone is working on Selenium for iOS, but I haven't used it.
IMO Selenium is far too complex to be used by anyone, and there
doesn't seem to be a huge benefit to using it based on my experience.