cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A word about plugins
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:36:58 GMT
Dear Braden,

Indeed, plugman assumes that there are javascript files, config files and
uses a tag in the config file to check whether a plugin is installed or
not. This is obviously not an ideal solution for javascript only plugins
that don't have a plugin tag in the config file. You are right. We need a
better solution to detect the status of javascript/native only plugins. I
believe we'll solve this problem when we solve the problem of plugin
dependencies.

However, as much as I like critiques, I like them better when they're
constructive and I am not sure who you're referring to when you're saying
"stop writing code" or "people making this implicit assumption". If
something doesn't work the way you think it should, I suggest you just open
an issue and describe your problems/frustrations. If you have solution to
the problem or a pull request that's even better.

Cheers,

-a