cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [plugman] universe and plugin version support needed
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 23:53:19 GMT
Yeah the only issue with plugin.xml is that it's ....XML :-D

It would be so much easier to have it stored in JSON. We can make plugman
parse the XML from a remote source but I would rather store everything in
JSON.

Also there can be multiple versions of plugin.xml. I think that is a good
enough reason to store the relevant data about plugins (compatible cordova
versions with a given plugin version, dependencies, etc...) in an
easy-to-read format (JSON). There is a bit of duplication yes but it's for
a good cause and the gain is huge.

The submission process would be:
- A plugin author submits a new plugin, gives it a version and specifies
which version of cordova it was tested on.
- A new version of Cordova comes out and requires the plugin author to
update their plugin to stay compatible.
- We start building the Cordova version <=> plugin version mapping like
that.

Thoughts ?

-a