cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: archiving older platforms
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 17:09:48 GMT
According to [1]:

"Projects whose PMC are unable to muster 3 votes for a release, who have no
active committers or are unable to fulfill their reporting duties to the
board are all good candidates for the Attic."

I believe those projects satisfy the "no active committers" argument.

I don't see any active committers for Bada, Qt or WebOS.

Markus Leutwyler is the only WebOS committer and is no longer employed by
the company that is in charge of it and I am not sure if he's still
interested in maintaining it. There are still devices out there I am sure
but no new devices are getting shipped.

Bada is officially dead [2] but they still released an SDK a couple of
weeks ago [3] O_O! They still owned #4 spot in Q3 2012 ahead of Windows
Phone [4]

As far as bb 6 and 7, I am sure the majority of devices out there are BB 6
and 7. BB10 just came out so there can't be that many yet. Developers don't
seem to be interested in those platform though and I think the focus should
be on BB10.

[1] http://attic.apache.org/
[2]
http://www.fiercemobilecontent.com/story/samsung-scraps-bada-os-folds-it-tizen/2013-02-25