cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Plugins] Changes to plugman
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:45:06 GMT
That logo needs to happen.

plugman is the tool for downloading plugins, for inserting their config
file changes, installing their native code, and arranging for their JS
modules to be loaded at runtime.

cordova-cli is the tool for managing multiple platforms with one www
directory to rule them all. It uses plugman to do most of the heavy
lifting, pointing plugman at its plugins/ directory and each of its
platforms/foo directories in turn.

Note that I'm speaking normatively here; the current situation is a bit
more of a mess. FUTURE.md is intended to show the route out of the mess.

Braden