cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <>
Subject Re: A word about plugins
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:35:27 GMT
I'm working on a high-level what-not-how sort of document for the whole
plugin tools story, and this is something I keep coming back to. It's
looking like we'll need to know what plugins are installed and where files
have been placed where. This is important for uninstalling and also for
updating the iOS project files.

If we do need a manifest of that kind, it should absolutely be a shared
format between plugman and cordova-cli. Or perhaps more precisely, for
anything dealing at the level of files, cordova-cli should be calling
plugman, which would deal with the files and update the manifest. I'm not
thrilled about having such metadata, but it's hard to use the filesystem as
the source of truth here.