cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: A word about plugins
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:33:47 GMT
This is a problem for adding and removing plugins in plugman. cordova-cli
can use the existence of directories in plugins/ to know what's installed,
but plugman can't do that. It currently looks for a <plugin> tag or
<config-file> tag, and assumes they exist, which causes errors. So I check
whether the tag is defined before trying to read attributes from it.

That avoids the error but doesn't solve the problem of knowing what is and
isn't installed. Plugman just assumes JS-only plugins are never installed,
so they can be double installed, and can't be removed.