cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject device motion plugin
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:14:56 GMT
Hey All,

Last week I did some work around pulling out the Accelerometer plugin from
the cordova-android code and setting up how the plugin repo would look. I
have gone ahead and pushed my work onto the newly created device motion
repo (
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugin-device-motion.git;a=summary
).

A couple questions have arisen from this work:

1) How are we handling the JS? I assume we will be pulling it out of
cordova.js and packaging it with the plugin.

2) How are we namespacing the plugins? core.name vs name.name? A discussion
about this was happening in a earlier thread. (
http://callback.markmail.org/message/pbeovtkzi3a2tfkw?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecallback-dev+moving+plugins+to+core+namespace
).

Once we come to a consensus about these two questions, I can start ripping
out more plugins from cordova-android and start populating our new plugin
repos.

Durring releases, I would just run plugman to include the api back into the
release (tests required).

I am going to work with Shaz this week to rip out the Accel plugin from iOS
and get it setup on the same repo.

I know there was some talk about ripping out this plugin for 2.6.0 release.
How do you guys feel about this? 2.6.0 is schedule to go out end of this
week?

Cheers,
-Steve