cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Benn Mapes <benn.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [windows] Scripts for Windows Phone
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 23:29:33 GMT
Understood, so your looking for a solution where someone can use the export
template feature in Visual Studio to build a project instead of the
bin/create script AND also be able to use the tooling scripts to build and
run the project. I hate to make assumptions but if someone is using
a template in visual studio to build their projects, why would they want to
use the cordova scripts to build/run it instead of just doing the same
thing through visual studio? The way I see it, they should either use the
cordova scripts OR visual studio to create/build/run their projects I'm not
sure what complications might arise if they start bouncing between the two.

I'll kick up a new mail about the re-org of the windows phone repository so
we can discuss some of the solutions to this problem. For now I'll just put
these scripts in their own folder and leave everything else as is.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Yeah it doesn't have to be done today. Benn is working on the code to
> enable the existence of these scripts. They don't have to land right now,
> but having all of the script code ready to put _somewhere_ once the re-org
> is figured out is good too!
>
> On 3/27/13 12:26 PM, "Jesse" <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The deeper implication is that there are numerous other items that have
> >the
> >same issue, and this is probably best handled with a repo reorg. ( which I
> >am planning to do when I have time, but it still requires some research  )
> >The contents of the www folder are duplicated in both templates as well,
> >including html/js/css that is exactly the same.
> >The VERSION file is repeated ...
> >
> >The reason for the current structure is that it is very transparent as to
> >how things are used.
> >If we attempt to remove this redundancy we will need to have a way to
> >'unpack' templates as the user will not be able to just open the template
> >project in VS and select export template.  Benn has already done some of
> >this work, however the documentation still explains the other way of
> >opening/exporting a template.
> >
> >Additionally, the code has been this way for a year and a half, without a
> >single issue, so *imho* it is not critical that is fixed before I am back
> >to work in a couple days.
> >

> >@purplecabbage
> >risingj.com
> >

> >On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> >
> >> Jesse, while I respect our mutual disdain for the Bruins fan that is
> >>Mapes,
> >> it would be more helpful for all of us to know those implications so we
> >>can
> >> help while you're out!
> >>
> >> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Shirley Adams <
> shirleya.fui26@gmail.com

> >> purplecabbage@gmail.com

> >>can

> >> templates