cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject Cordova Documentation version based urls make for poor web search targets
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 16:29:44 GMT
When I google for cordova documentation, I'm usually taken to an old
version (say, 2.1.0).

I wonder if we shouldn't add some js to our docs to warn users that this is
potentially stale documentation (at least if the referrer is external)?

Also, I took a look at how some other projects do it (like python) and they
just use a single url for "latest" and only create custom version-based
urls for previous releases.  (And since they link to latest more often than
to specific releases, I guess it naturally ranks higher)

-Michal