cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Moving www into an app folder
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:02:02 GMT
So a few questions:

0. Do we want to support app distribution?  Sample apps, Test Harness,
working in a team, open source projects.. hint at yes, but we could just
leave that to be done manually.
1. Do we want to support app documentation? Where would you put it if you
wanted to ship it along with a app?
2. Do we have any apps already using the merges/ folder?  How do they ship
it?

I suspect what would happen now is app devs would already need an app
folder to keep all the pieces, would cordova create a workspace, and
link/copy over www/ and merges/.

If we wanted to support app distribution (such that say cordova create
<path-to-app>), we would need to support importing from an app folder (for
the two folder merges and www reason alone).  Yet we currently plan to
unpack that app folder inside the workspace.

-Michal