cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Should we skip RC1 and release 2.6.0?
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 02:17:38 GMT
If you refer to the git flow, the intention was not to make the process
faster, the intention was to make the process easier and to not freeze
progress on master.  Both have been addressed (yes, there is a learning
curve, lets give it at least one more release to conclude, yeah?)

In order to actually make things faster, I think the problem is with our
organization and motivation, not the workflow.  What would we actually need
in order to iterate over rc's faster?  Should we allocate a block of a day
for a core group of devs to do nothing but test, patch, and triage?  I
think that was a good side effect of the old process: freezing master was
such a pain, we were motivated to release quickly.  I think there are other
ways to get that benefit again.

-Michal