cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Moving www into an app folder
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 20:24:51 GMT
Paraphrasing our meeting notes today:

 * currently www/ has to have config.xml inside it, docs inside it, README
etc
 * merges folder is already a sibling of www/ but its logically part of the
app.
 * So, why not move everything that isn't the actual assets of the app
itself out of www?
 * Option 1: move everything out into the root.
   * harder for git versioning your app, since cordova artifacts
(platforms, plugins) are inside.
 * Option 2: make a new top level "app/" folder that holds merges/ and www/
and manifestes etc
   * then you can just clone/install an app into one location

And I'll throw out a third option: Create an "apps" folder which can have
any number of named apps, like plugins.

I think (2) should be totally doable (just change some default paths in the
tooling) and is a strict improvement (minus the hassle of moving your files
around the first time for app devs).  (3) I think is interesting, but is a
bit of a departure.

-Michal