cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contacts, and when/how/who removes anything and why
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:02:23 GMT
Well, I know that people do use find a lot and are frequently tripped up by
it. They get confused over the fact that the fields array is the list of
fields that are returned AND are searched.   Most people expect all of the
contact information returned and they think that the fields are just the
fields that will be searched.  We did modify the api a bit to add a * in
fields to indicate to return all fields.   However, with the field
parameter overloaded it does make the search less efficient.

At any rate, I can certainly post to the Phonegap google group asking for
feedback on the use of remove and request the use cases.  Or, you can join
and post directly yourself.  It's up to you.

As I'm not active in the W3C currently, I doubt I could get approval and
funding to attend any F2F  :-(  FYI - I did work actively on WAI/WCAG and
some on WAI/PF.