cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <>
Subject Updated W3C Contacts api
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:10:08 GMT
Contacts Manager API Draft Published

   07 March 2013 | Archive

   The System Applications Working Group has published the First
   Public Working Draft of "Contacts Manager API." This
   specification defines a System Level API which offers a simple
   interface to manage user's contacts stored in the system's
   address book. A typical use case of the Contacts API is the
   implementation of an application to manage said address book.
   Learn more about the Ubiquitous Web Applications Activity.

The basic contacts object is pretty much the same but there have been
several enhancements.  Most notably the find method is actual useful enough
to perform an efficient search!  There is a result object defined as well
as events to indicate when a procedure is completed.  And remove has been
officially added.   Since this is a new draft I don't think we should rush
to implement it but at least there are some useful changes.

I'll update the Core API Audit entry in the wiki.