cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated W3C Contacts api
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:36:15 GMT
Hi, Josh,

Yes, I've worked in W3C working groups - I know the risks of implementing
too early in the process!  However, when we wanted to add an API for
contacts into PhoneGap we needed a place to start so we used the W3C
working draft available at the time.  We realized that it would likely
change but at least gave us a starting point.   We been trying to keep
track of the W3C updates and changes so we can decide when to update the
Cordova version.

When we implemented an earlier Contacts API working draft for Cordova we
added a remove functionality to provide the ability to delete a contact.
 It just seemed to make sense that if add is being provided that there
should also be a way to remove a contact as well.   Since not all of the
platforms provide a native "view" for accessing the contacts (similar to
camera access) we decided to implement full functionality of create, find
and remove.