cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated W3C Contacts api
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:41:01 GMT
A bit more detail.....
I was curious about some items in the Contact Manager API so I dove into
the mail archives for the System Applications Working group who published
this working draft.  It seems that this is a parallel effort to the Device
API working group which published the initial contacts api and is still
updating the Pick Contacts Intent (it was just updated on March 11, 2013!).

At least the two groups plan to unify the Contacts objects a bit.   I sure
hope they unify the find() implementation  and use the one from the
Contacts Manager API.  IMHO it is much more reasonable and usable.

I was thinking of creating an iOS branch to implement the Contacts Manager
API as a test case but it is probably too soon to commit any coding time to
this.

-becky