cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: A word about plugins
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:51:04 GMT
Ya, that prototype was just a bunch of new file copying code and only
really would have only used npm for its publish and registry
functions. Much would be the same if we 'reused' another solution.
Cordova is a very unique project, and a bespoke tool is going to be
much easier to maintain rather than chasing other systems around.

Anis (and Lunny) argued for a tailored solution and given they were
writing most of the code I support that choice. In saying that, if you
want to prototype an alterative on top of the existing plugin spec
there is no harm in it. We will either get validation or be rewarded
with a better way.