cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject [cordova-cli] vendoring the platforms instead of lazy download
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:37:07 GMT
Right now we put the release of Cordova into the npm package for
cordova-cli and we version lock the two. (Codova/CLI 2.5.x ===
Cordova/Platform 2.5.latest).

We did this because:

- has to work offline
- cannot have a Git dep to do development
- issue tracking locked to the real version of Cordova

We can solve all these issues. The code to do that isn't really a huge
deal. But to add it we gain very little that isn't already achieved by
vendoring. I'd like for us to be aware the current can be improved but
its low priority compared to, say, ripple and plugin integration.