cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Moving www into an app folder
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:45:13 GMT
But, if you go up one level, the same is true w/ the current
structure. Its just an organizational difference? (Thats a perfectly
ok answer of course. Aesthetics and symmetry are plenty convincing
arguments.)

In my view ./merges isn't your app. The ./merges dir is in parts of
your app on a per platform basis. Hence the logic for having it exist
at the same level as ./platforms.

Having config.xml exist in the ../www does bother me.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Braden Shepherdson
<braden@chromium.org> wrote:
> It allows easier cloning of your app (meaning the www, config.xml, and any
> samples and so on) into a self-contained directory. It also lets us keep
> the user's app within a single top-level directory (rather than www and
> merges and potentially more later).
>
> Because only the www (and merges) would get pulled into the actual app, any
> docs, samples, tests, or other miscellany in the git repo won't be part of
> the app.
>

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
>> Ok, let me try again. What is precisely problem we are solving by
>> changing the structure? To be clear, I'm not really against or for it.
>> I just don't understand why this is important.
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Braden Shepherdson
>> <braden@chromium.org> wrote:
>> > +1 is still a handy means of displaying your support or otherwise.
>> >
>> > If you do want to version the platforms/ and plugins/ folders at the top
>> > level, you can do that. If you're versioning everything, then you should
>> be
>> > checking out that master repo, rather than the master repo and then the
>> app
>> > repo inside it, so it should all work fine.
>> >
>> > Braden

>> braden@chromium.org>

>> create

Test

> [...]