cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Kim <timki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Plugins] Changes to plugman
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:50:44 GMT
Speaking of logos, I was planning on making another 8 bit sticker for the
next PhoneGap day. The PlugMan character is still in the works :D
[image: Inline images 1]

+1 for the future md as well. It looks great.

I'm also working on a branch of cordova cli trying to get it integrating
with plugman that fetches plugins from a git repo. I hope to have a working
prototype by the end of the week.

On 20 March 2013 11:33, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Plugman operates on its own. The CLI consumes it as the tool to handle
> plugins.
>
> Plugman has a full, detailed API of its own. Check out the read me. It
> handles install and uninstall of plugins based on the plugins.xml spec
> (which is also in the plugman read me).
>
> Cordova-cli offers a basic abstraction above plugman. Since the CLI helps
> you manage cross-platform apps, it is more aware of which platforms it
> should attempt to install a plugin into. As for specific usage,
> cordova-cli would "shell out" to plugman after you would call:
>
>     $ cordova plugin add <url or path-to-plugin>
>
> Assuming your cordova-cli-generated project had Android and iOS as its
> added platforms, the above call would translate into:
>
>     $ plugman install --project platforms/android --platform android <url
> or path>
>     $ plugman install --project platforms/ios --platform ios <url or path>
>

> Hope that makes sense.
>
> On 3/20/13 10:23 AM, "Lorin Beer" <lorin.beer.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Great, thanks Braden!
> >
> >So plugman operates more as a backend to the CLI? If I wanted a plugin
> >included, I'd throw it in the CLI plugins/ dir and the CLI through Plugman
> >woud take it from there?
> >
> >I imagined an NA grounded I imagined a NA grounded
> >plug<
> https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad
> >=rja&docid=LZzHSJgdGBpr0M&tbnid=O299eBU1KAZ6JM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2
> >F%2Fwww.wisegeek.org
> %2Fwhat-are-the-electrical-voltage-differences-between
> >-the-us-and-europe.htm&ei=l-9JUbvpKe7jigLA8YCIAg&bvm=bv.44158598,d.cGE&psi
> >g=AFQjCNGE0d1I2yGzCHTxPgvdYHQqjCBFZg&ust=1363886348082647>
> >But Anis did grow up in
> >France<
> http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=TeI7
> >sFRh2DL7AM&tbnid=HoArjxZRAIAi3M:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.123r
> >f.com
> %2Fphoto_4151089_black-plug-european-style.html&ei=yu9JUeOTLaOWiAL0lo
> >GABw&psig=AFQjCNEaRNYCxpENPL7m6ConosBhTOIMzA&ust=1363886410772823>
> >Then
> >again...<
> https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQfboXDim8_
> >w9v50LL9pl-geYFPhEL1A_nhEMIjdrS1-gtDqrH>
> >

> >On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> That logo definitely needs to happen. But... what type of plug  ;)
> >>

> >> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Braden Shepherdson <
> braden@chromium.org

> >>config

> >>bit
> >>mess.