cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: HideKeyboardFormAccessoryBar
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:15:36 GMT
I think this falls into the same category as the KeyboardShrinksView
setting I added recently. Both properties would be useful to toggle at
runtime, and I we had a thread discussing the possibility of an API to
toggle settings at runtime. Also note that a hidden accessory will probably
require extra logic in KeyboardShrinksView for it to work correctly.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Don,
> No, it's a startup setting only right now. I'll look at the scrollview
> stuff when I have the chance.
>
> Issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-2384
>

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Don Coleman <don.coleman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Shazron,
> >
> > Did you get this to work?
> >
> > I think the scrolling fix removed the blank space (of tool bar height)
> that
> > was visible when scrolling to the bottom of the page.
> >
> > Are you adding an API to enable and disabled the accessory bar too?  I
> > created the plugin for an app where we remove the toolbar on a page with
> > one field, but re-enable it on long forms.
> >
> > - Don
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Looking at Don's code, the main difference is the accessory view was
> > > removed from the superview, while I only hid it. Removing it from the
> > > superview fixes the problem that Andrew reported.
> > >
> > > The scrollview fix is something different - the fix alleges that with
> the
> > > accessory bar gone, the textfield being edited is too far "up" so we
> need
> > > to adjust for its position to be closer to the keyboard by expanding
> the
> > > scrollview size (I think).

> > take

> > view