cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Plugins to send on the ice flows to die
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:24:03 GMT
it's a valid point, and I'm not too sure how to handle that. Deprecating
our polyfill would be the obvious suggestion, but the whole point is to let
these plugins die, not continue to include potentially broken/breakable
code in future releases.
How far back does WebSQL support go on Droid?

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com>wrote:

> The thing that worries me about killing our websql support is that we
> will get a situation where websql will be available on some versions
> of Android but not on others because we have removed our polyfil.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Lorin Beer <lorin.beer.dev@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > +1 for Geolocation
> > Joe's reasoning is convincing: when native functionality exceeds/matches
> > what were providing, what's the point?
> >
> >  and a huge +1 for WebSQL, I believe W3C deprecated the spec in November
> > 2011? 2010?! <http://www.w3.org/TR/webdatabase/>
> > Being proactive about this and deprecating/removing our own support for
> > this api now strikes me as a far better move than waiting for WebKits to
> > break it. Not to mention the brittleness and exception issues Joe
> mentioned.
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org
> >wrote:
> >
> >> +1 to killing WebSQL after we have IndexedDB support. It's no longer the
> >> standard and only exists in Webkit. The IndexedDB support doesn't exist
> at
> >> all in Android browser or iOS Safari though (a surprise to me, at
> least),
> >> according to caniuse.com[1]
> >>
> >> It isn't our job to maintain APIs that have been deprecated for a year,
> >> though we can keep WebSQL around if we want.
> >>
> >> Braden

> >> based

I'm thinking
> more