cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Image Meta Data workaround for iOS
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 04:18:51 GMT
I've written a small workaround for getting at image meta data for images
taken through camera.getPicture on iOS

Currently, UIImagePickerController embeds only a couple exif data entries
in the jpeg header of the resulting image. We've put together exif support,
and it should make it to 2.6.0. Until then, if anyone's interested, I have
a workaround in my github forks

The branch:
https://github.com/lorinbeer/cordova-ios/tree/cb1285_hack
The change:
https://github.com/lorinbeer/cordovaios/commit/a0ba48700c8e13f1d873ded361bf91a1a2271dce

This modifies the camera return value, converting the metadata dictionary
returned by UIImagePickerController to a json string, and returns it
bundled with image url in the return value.

Example usage can be found here:
https://github.com/lorinbeer/cordova-mobile-spec/tree/camdatahack]
here specifically:
https://github.com/lorinbeer/cordova-mobile-spec/blob/camdatahack/camera/index.html

Note that this is a temporary workaround, and not a suggestion to alter the
camera.getPicture return values in any official way.

Ping me if you are interested in any further details.

- Lorin