cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Writing binary data to disk
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 00:02:13 GMT
Hey folks,

I was going through the unassigned jira issues, and came across
CB-2406<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-2406>
 ((https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-2406), which requests a method
to write binary data to disk. Before commenting to the user on the issue, I
thought I'd get some feedback from you guys.

My feeling is that while there might be a use case or two, specifying a
binary write mode doesn't fit in with the W3C FileWriter
api<http://www.w3.org/TR/file-writer-api/#idl-def-FileWriter>,
and shouldn't be a change to the File API of cordova. As such, the issue
should probably be closed.

The way in which the user would/should accomplish this kind of
functionality would be to create a very simple plugin which takes a hex
string and uses the native file writer api to open in binary mode.

Before commenting to the user on the issue, I thought I'd get some feedback
from you guys.

- Lorin