cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lorin Beer <lorin.beer....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Image Meta Data workaround for iOS
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 16:24:29 GMT
James:
2.6 will include the permanent fix. The workaround alters the expected
return value for camera.getPicture from the image picker source only. This
would be an undesirable unevenness in the api on iOS. When this issue was
originally being discussed, it was deemed that full Exif header writing
support was the most desirable solution.

The exif writing support currently lives here:
https://github.com/lorinbeer/incubator-cordova-ios/tree/CB-1246
Specifically, the files CDVImageHeaderWriter.h, CDVImageHeaderWriter.m, and
ExifData.h

I will be migrating the code to the new repos early this week, and making
sure it is fully commented, then asking Shaz and the list for feedback. The
commenting is especially important, because given the nature of Exif
headers (opaque is one word) the code would be very difficult to maintain
without complete explanations.

- Lorin