cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Unifying the config.xml
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 19:05:26 GMT
Hi All,
I am working on a set of plugins for Eclipse that will eventually be part
of the JBoss IDE. I seem to have similar requirements to cordova-cli and
noticed that some of the things that are planned for cli is well aligned
with our plans. So I am hoping to contribute as much as I can.

We also use W3 widget packaging spec based config.xml as a blanket to
configure a Cordova App for all platforms. However there are differences on
the config.xml that each platform consumes compared to the W3 spec and as
you can imagine a more uniform platform behaviour makes our life a bit
better. So I have tried to take a shot at unifying the differences between
platforms and created pull requests for android[1]. iOS[2] and CLI[3]. I
think with these PRs JIRA[4] for migrating from <plugin> to <feature>
should be resolved (at least for iOS and Android) and its parent[5] should
be updated.

The changes are compatible with the existing config.xmls on iOS and
Android, I think it will be even possible to mix and match the new syntax
<feature> with the old ones.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/41
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/45
[3] https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/7