cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Fielding <marc.field...@dataclysm.com>
Subject Documentation issues
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 00:35:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm getting up to speed with Cordova but have encountered some confusing doc issues:

1) When upgrading a project from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0, the upgrade instructions say to make several
changes to "your config.xml file", when in reality all changes seem to indicate that it's
a change to the testing variant of config.xml and not the normal one provided with cordova-cli.

2) I can't find documentation for upgrading my cordova-cli based project from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0.
 While I could probably figure it out, given the presence of a big change like the new "merges"
hierarchy, I'm just going to create a new 2.5.0 project in cordova-cli and bring my project
changes over manually.  Any chance of a "cordova upgrade" command at some point? :)

3) I can't find documentation about the following entries in the cordova-cli config.xml:

  21     <gap:splash src="res/screen/android_hdpi_landscape.png"      width="800"  height="480"
 gap:platform="android" />
  43     <preference name="phonegap-version" value="1.9.0" />   [And why is this 1.9.0
and not 2.5.0?]
  44     <preference name="orientation"      value="default" />
  45     <preference name="target-device"    value="universal" />
  46     <preference name="fullscreen"       value="false" />

   Furthermore, the URL in the following line from the same file doesn't actually resolve
to a page:

  41     <feature name="http://api.phonegap.com/1.0/device" />

4) cordova-cli obviously does a lot behind the scenes when executing the create, platform,
and prepare commands.  Can we please add a verbosity parameter to the cordova command that
lets me see detailed output?  That would really help my learning curve and troubleshooting
while docs are still under development.

5) Adding " <preference name="UIWebViewBounce" value="false" />"  to www/config.xml
will cause it to appear both in platforms/android/res/xml/config.xml and ./platforms/ios/LBSuser/config.xml
even though it's an iOS only preference.

Thanks for any insights.

Marc