cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy-Carlos Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: [plugman] universe and plugin version support needed
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 02:39:40 GMT
The barrier of having more config files is real and change is starting to cause fatigue amongst
the plugin authors I deal with regularly.

Having said that, I think JSON would be a welcome change overall…

There really are not that many plugins that are set up with a plugin.xml yet that I know of
anyway. People on this list are probably the authors or maintainers of most of them. ;)

I know we are going to start getting tool fatigue ourselves soon, but would something like
npm's init[1] be useful to alleviate some of the barriers? Much like the cordova cli sets
you up with a folder structure (similarly the yeoman tooling for web dev) maybe we could add
a command to ask a few questions (or take a few args) and spit out some sane defaults and
create a structure for plugin dev?

- Tommy-Carlos "fighting for plugin authors since 2010" Williams

:P

[1] https://npmjs.org/doc/init.html