cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wallis <kwal...@blackberry.com>
Subject RE: Platform-level command line scripts
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:59:32 GMT
Deploy vs. Emulate:  Deploy could be used to deploy to anything, emulator, ripple, simulator,
or actual device.  I think perhaps deploy is the right terminology in this regard than emulate?

I agree with Jeff that it would be valuable to standardize arguments as well, in so far as
those those that are common across platforms.
--

Ken Wallis

Product Manager – WebWorks

BlackBerry

289-261-4369

From: agrieve@google.com [agrieve@google.com] on behalf of Andrew Grieve [agrieve@chromium.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:09 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Platform-level command line scripts

I like the suggestions of having fewer commands. Actually, why not have
just one command? It would make for less copy/paste, and you'd only have to
use a single --help to see what you can do.

E.g.:

./cordova/cli.js build --profile=release
./cordova/cli.js build --profile=debug
./cordova/cli.js clean
./cordova/cli.js package  // For app store
./cordova/cli.js log
./cordova/cli.js run --target=DEVICE_ID
./cordova/cli.js run --target=EMULATOR_ID
./cordova/cli.js run --target=ripple

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:19 AM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> Fil: yes I like the easy wins you describe.
>
> Anis: agree on harder wins. The `emulate` cmd should require a
> parameter and only launch platform emulators.  The `run` cmd should
> default to Ripple, and while we're in there we should kill the serve
> command. Also agree, we should do a download to Fruitstrap from one of
> our forks (to be safe).
>
> Tommy: would be awesome to get your help on the `release` cmd for iOS.
>
> Jesse: agree about cordova-deploy tool should just deploy. (Only I
> think we should rename it to `emulate` and have it require a
> parameter.)
>
> Mapes: we hate the Bruins ok buddy? Get over it. Also: `build` cmd is
> for debug builds and `release` cmd is for doing release builds as you
> intuited. I think you got `run` and `emulate` mixed up but the spirit
> was correct.
>
> Tim/Bryan: can we kick up a fresh thread on the BB10 business? It
> would be nice to get that in but I think those queries got lost in
> this deluge.
>
> Axe! (Parashuram's online crime fighting persona is axemclion): thanks
> for saying hi, we'd love the help yo!
>

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Jesse MacFadyen
> <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Welcome Parashuram!
> > Happy to have some help. Benn has been working on most of this, and I
> > have created the deploy tools for wp7 and wp8, so reach out if you
> > need guidance or anything.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Jesse
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone5
> >
> > On 2013-03-19, at 10:24 PM, "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)"
> > <panarasi@microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I could offer to start helping on the Windows Phone side of things.
> >
> > P.S: This is my first email to the group, and I think I should
> > introduce myself - I am Parashuram, working for Microsoft Open
> > Technologies Inc.

and may be unlawful.