cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kerri Shotts <kerrisho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CEF & Cordova?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 21:08:17 GMT
Wait -- are you asking if there's a desktop version of Phonegap? I was assuming you meant a
Chrome-based render for mobile devices, esp. since the webkit on some mobile devices is quite
borked. (Android 2.x, I'm looking at you.)

___________________________________
Kerri Shotts
photoKandy Studios, LLC

On the Web: http://www.photokandy.com/

Social Media:
          Twitter: @photokandy, http://twitter.com/photokandy
          Tumblr: http://photokandy.tumblr.com/
          Github: https://github.com/kerrishotts
                        https://github.com/organizations/photokandyStudios
          CoderWall: https://coderwall.com/kerrishotts

Apps on the Apple Store:
          https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/photokandy-studios-llc/id498577828

On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM, David Lewis wrote:

> That's unfortunate. My team is working on webkit specific apps just
> because so many mobile devices use it; iOS, Android, and Blackberry
> 7+. Having a desktop webkit container would alleviate a lot of work
> forking Windows specific versions. I need to get it done anyway, I
> just thought I'd ask. The closest I've found is DesktopGap but it has
> less PG support than the current Win7 container.
>
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Kerri Shotts <kerrishotts@gmail.com (mailto:kerrishotts@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > Most modern platform's internal browsers are based on webkit -- iPhone and Android,
etc. Windows Phone (and the upcoming Firefox OS) would be exceptions to the rule.

> > I know there's been work done on supporting PG with Chrome as the renderer, but
don't hold your breath for it; a lot of stuff would have to be rewritten.