cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: more benchmarking in mobile-spec
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:45:55 GMT
Check out the latest commit to mobile-spec to see the auto benches. I will
work towards integrating with ci.cordova.io.. Eventually. There are so
many things to do in that project, I could use volunteers :D

Anyways, for a prelim auto bench result, here is what I get on my Galaxy
Nexus running Android 4.2.2:

Cordova.exec invocations (of Echo/echo plugin): ~3800 per second
Cordova.exec callbacks coming back (from Echo/echo plugin): ~3600 per
second
XHR to the LICENSE file and get contents back (11kb) WITHIN the
application www/ folder: ~2 per second
Use FileReader to retrieve contents of LICENSE file (11kb) that is stored
on the TEMP FileSystem: ~135 per second
Use FileReader to retrieve contents of LICENSE file (11kb) that is stored
on the PERSISTENT FileSystem: ~140 per second

The FileReader tests create the LICENSE file before the start of the
benchmarking, btw.

Thoughts/comments/questions/feedback welcome.