cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wolf <>
Subject Re: cordova command cli and merges concept pull request
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:48:01 GMT
Have looked at suggesting folks mock in-browser using ripple... however
there are a few issues with that, firstly being simply doesn't work for
non webkit platforms (ie windows phone... yah the cli doesn't currently
support windows phone but no reason why it can't) ... Also while you can
mock to work in ripple, you still have to write code in your base www that
only runs in browser / ripple and mock for it (unless I'm doing it wrong
:) ), which then introduces this conditional code which then ends up on a
device (which I recommend people to shy away from when they can)... where as
using the merges folder for this purpose makes the existence of those
mocks a purely www artifact that never ends up on a device or native

But I'll also admit I haven't looked deeper into ripple to see if there is
an alternative there, because the merges concept just worked for us.

>>> mw

View raw message