cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Brainstorming Proposal: Implementing apps as plugins
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:00:13 GMT
This is correct Michal.

Still not sure I like the fact that we are either a) creating a new
manifest for applications that are at odds with config.xml or b) extending
config.xml with our own shit.

In the end the concern here is smart re-use of code (I.e. Hey, plugin
installation is sort of like app management), yes? Why not code review the
cordova-cli and plugman projects  and see which areas we could optimize +
refactor to achieve this goal, instead of coming up with a new approach
that requires new manifests? I've also been recommending we move the
plugman code into cordova-cli for a while.