cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: Proposal for JS in Plugins
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:33:02 GMT
I've added a few detail explanations to the document, but moved the
discussion to the ML.

> Should be easy to install / remove plugins (no need to manually
>add/remove script tags)

I think adding/removing script tags is the way to go. Concatenating all
javascript relevant to your project (cordova.js + any plugins you add)
makes it difficult to debug later on. WE'd have to get users to post
entire contents of their cordova.js file to determine what was added and
what exists in there. With that in mind, I favor the packager approach,
which would require:

> declaring JS symbol mapping and JS dependencies in plugin.xml

+1 to that bit. We should add it to the wiki page on plugin design if
everyone agrees on it.

On 2/6/13 10:46 AM, "Andrew Grieve" <> wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Andrew Grieve <>
>> I've taken the result of the previous thread of
>> and turned it into a proposal doc:
>> Please feel free to add comments / edit the proposals.

View raw message