cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Where does stuff get written?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 23:36:59 GMT
Fil and I were working on this issue today:

This code writes the LICENCE file to /mnt/shell/emulated/0 on Android,
which is some unknown location that isn't accessible using the crappy
Android File Transfer app.  I have no idea what the relationship
between this folder and the other Android folders are other than the
fact that we can write to it.

So, this brings us back to the whole issue that labels like PERSISTANT
and TEMPORARY make no sense on Android, and that we have to revisit
this again.

So, here are my questions:
1. Where does stuff get written?
2. Where should stuff get written?
3. Where do we want stuff to get written?
4. Can we offer feedback saying how broken this stupid spec is?
5. How do we fix this without pissing off our users, who may think
this is working properly?