cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Plugins need to know what service they are
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:54:51 GMT
Hey

Currently, I'm trying to figure out a way to restore state, and it
turns out that I misunderstood how our current plugin architecture
works.  We need a way to take a class name and map it back to the
service name of that plugin.  For example, I need to know that
org.apache.cordova.CameraLauncher is the Camera plugin so that I can
store this in the bundle so that when we re-load the application, we
can re-load the plugin that was loaded in the previous state.

This is in response to the ongoing camera issues on Android.  Right
now there's some serious state issues that we don't handle very well
that we need to do better.  This requires us to save which service was
expecting the callback when we stop the application so that service
can receive the callback when we resume.  That's why we need this
functionality.

Any ideas what we can do here?

Joe