cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which database do we use on Cordova for WebSQL?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:27:30 GMT
OK, here's some annoying crap that the Android team did to the
browser. Back in Honeycomb, file:// was no longer allowed to use the
WebSQL database because of security reasons.  I have no idea what
those security reasons are, but this is the same case all the way up
to Jellybean.  Therefore, we use or Storage shim instead.  The problem
is that we enable web storage on Cordova, which is a major problem.
So, I'm trying to disable this for 3.0+ now and I'll see how that
works.

So, a technical workaround because the Android team doesn't believe
that Cordova should have access to WebSQL. :(