cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for JS in Plugins
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 22:39:34 GMT
I don't think we should be automatically injecting javascript tags.
Instruct users to do so when they add a plugin by displaying the tag.
Everyone has different needs/requirements.

Also

*"cordova plugin add file"
- Download plugin files to project/plugins
- Runs plugman to install native parts of the plugin.
- Plugman will copy JS files listed into
project/platforms/cordova-js/lib/...*
* *
*plugman supports installation by local-dir/git-repo/name. Names are
listed/stored on an outside source. So I believe this step should just call
plugman with the name/git/local-dir. We've already agreed that all plugins
will have separate repositories, yes ?*
*
*
*I also agree that plugin.xml should support dependencies and that we
should update the plugin spec. **I like the requires-plugin tag but I am
not sure I like that js-symbols tag in plugin.xml though. **I am confused
about that "Exporting Module Symbols" section. An example would be
appreciated.*
*
*
*Anis*